The entrepreneur struggle is real! ..so take that break!


Me daydreaming about weekends!!
It's the weekend! Yay!

How many of you out there are just dying each week for the weekend to hit?  How many of you spend your entire week making lists of to-do's? 

You're motivated!  You're excited!  You are brimming with inspiration!! ..and you are stuck at your day job doing something entirely different, that you don't want to be doing!

Ugh, the struggle ..it's real!

After years and years of working for myself and also for someone else, I have come to the conclusion that sometimes your best inspiration strikes when you have no way to do anything about it?  Why, why does this happen to us time and time again?  I have an entire fridge door covered with "to-do" lists that have been started at my day job, when I had no way to do them! 

The only conclusion that I have come to is that when you take yourself away from your passion (x), to do something for someone else (y), you continually yearn to be doing (x), while having to do (y).  Yuck, but your brain wants to continues to progress with what you are motivated to be doing.  Which is cool, if you really think about it.  My wall of lists must mean that I have enough passion with what I am trying to do with my life, that it can't be shut down, even when I am supposed to be doing other things!

My wall of lists!  This photo was taken today!
Yay me! ..yay you!

Now, let's talk more about the real struggle.  Sometimes after making all of my motivated, passionate lists, and working my 9-5, I get to the weekend and I am fizzled out.  No carbonation, no motivation, flat.  Sometimes I'm even a un-carbonated soda with a headache from the stress of the week, what fun.  How, in this situation, are we ever supposed to get anything done?

Well, I am writing to tell you not to beat yourself up.  And not to burn yourself out.  The hardest lesson that I have had to learn from all of this is that if you do not listen to yourself and take breaks when you need to, your body will make you take a break.  That is never fun.  So, over the years I have learned to nap sometimes (even though I am a terrible napper), or binge watch tv, or take time to workout (even when it's the last thing I want to do)!  Anything that will give me the break and stress relief I need, to work after I worked all week.  After all, if you are not working on your dreams, they are not becoming a reality!

I have found that work binging on weekends will happen, and when it does it's amazing and I am the happiest kitten in the park.  I have also found that you can't push that type of drive, and to balance out the manic work times, sometimes you just have to take some down time.  And please, when you take your much needed relaxing break, do NOT be unkind to yourself.  Don't worry the knot in your head thinking about all the things that you should be doing.  It will come to you, and your dreams will still be there!  And remember, you are not alone in this.  I'm here, and many many more just like you!  That struggle, it's real.

Happy weekend friends, I hope you are all happy kittens right meow!

Love,
Miss Whimsberry

Comments

  1. Excellent words of motivational advice! Splendid display of to-do lists too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Whimsberry and The Magical Pattern Computer